Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yes Lord, Mommy!

Yes Lord!  Yes Lord, Mommy I hear from the back seat, day in and day out.  That's my 3 year old's current favorite song. She requests it EVERY TIME we get into the car (and sometimes when we're at home despite the fact that we keep the CD in the car).  Actually the song is called "Trading My Sorrows".  The refrain goes "Yes Lord.  Yes Lord.  Yes Yes Lord.... and my little one loves to sing along with it!   Many days I get into the car dreading her request because I have heard the song so many times.  As much as I don't want to listen to it some days though, I just can't turn her down.  It's actually one of my favorite worship songs too and most days I can't help but sing along.  This morning, just like every other for the past couple weeks, she asked for her "Yes Lord" song.  And this morning, just like many others, I really didn't feel like it, but knew she wouldn't give up.  So I put it on.  This morning though, I had a mini revelation.  It's kinda like God is using my little girl to remind me day in and day out (sometimes several times a day) to say "yes, Lord".  Yes, Lord, I will listen to You.  Yes, Lord, I will follow You.  Yes, Lord, I want to do Your will.  As you know, we're in the midst of a fertility struggle.  It can be very hard at times to say "yes, Lord" during difficult times like this.  I want to wallow in my sorrow and not be bothered with anyone's will but my own at times.  But then this song comes on and it reminds me to say "I'm trading my sorrows"  so that I can say "yes, Lord"!  I just love seeing how our loving heavenly Father works through even the smallest people to bring others closer to Him!


Trading My Sorrows   by Darrell Evans
lyrics provided by elyrics.net

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

[Chorus:]
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen


I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning