Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Loving God: Wisdom from a 2 Year Old

Everyday on our way to the office we pass our church.  And everyday when we pass our church, Alli asks me, "We go to church?"  I don't think I've ever seen someone so eager to attend mass.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just surprised.  I hope she keeps that love of the Church as she grows. 

So anyway, Sunday rolls around and we pull into the church parking lot.  Alli is so excited as she realizes where we are.  She's almost jumping out of her carseat as she lets out a little scream, "We go to church?!?!"  We answer her calmly giggling, "Yes we're going to church to see Jesus." 
"We go to church!! We go to church!!  I wuv Jesus!!!"
It was so adorable we couldn't keep from laughing and assured her, "We love Jesus too and Jesus loves you!"

Looking back at the event from Sunday, it warms my heart.  I'm touched to know that my little one loves Jesus.  It makes me feel like I'm doing something right, you know?  Even more though, it reminds me of the innocent, unconditional love children have for the Lord.  I mean, if God love us just because, why can't we do the same?